Howdy guys. Welcome to our site. Today we are going to share the tutorial on How to delete a Gmail account permanently. Gmail is best email provider. Also, it is powered by Google. In today’s world, everyone has an account on Gmail. However, if you have created a new Gmail account and you don’t need the old one are you no longer want to use your Gmail account then you can easily remove or delete it permanently. You can do this easily with the steps we are sharing below to delete a Gmail account permanently. But before deleting the Gmail account there are certain things you should know. First is that it will delete only all your emails and the data from your Gmail account. Your Google account on YouTube, Google Plus will not be deleted.
There may be a lot of reasons due to which you want to delete a Gmail account. It may be because you no longer want to use Gmail account or you have created a new one. It is a very easy process to delete a Gmail account permanently and you can do it in minutes with the help of the below-given tutorial. But one thing you should keep in mind is that after deleting a Gmail account you will not be able to access that account again in future. So it is better to make a backup and save all the content of your Gmail account. We are also sharing the steps to save all your Gmail account’s content. So now let’s move on to the main part. Below is the whole process to delete your Gmail account permanently.
Things To Remember And Do Before Deleting Gmail Account
If you have been using the email from a long time then there may be some important data, emails in it. You can save them for future use. So before deleting your Gmail account, you should make a backup of all your important files. Just follow the below-given steps to backup all the data of a Gmail account.
1. First of all, go to below link to open your account settings.
2. You will see a lot of tabs there. Under personal info and privacy tab, click on control your content.
3. On the next page, click on the create archive button.
4. Now it will show all the information and data of your Gmail account. You have to select the data you want to save. You can also select all the data by clicking on select all button.
5. After selecting data click on next.
6. On the next page select the way to get your data. You can either get a link on your email of the data or directly save it to drive, Dropbox etc.
7. Now you can download all the data from your account. This process may take some time. If the size of information is large, it will take more time.
So this is how you can backup and save all your Gmail account’s data before deleting it. It is an easy process and will take just a couple of minutes. When you are ready with the backup you can move further to the tutorial on how to delete Gmail account permanently.
How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently
Now we are moving to the main part of the article. Below I am sharing the whole step by step guide to delete a Gmail account permanently. Don’t worry, all the steps are easy. With this tutorial, you can easily delete your Gmail account.
1. Click on the below link to open your Google account settings.
2. Under the Account Preferences tab, click on Delete your account or services.
3. On the next page, click Delete Products. (Follow the below screenshot.)
4. Now you have to log in to the Gmail account which you want to delete. Just select your Gmail account.
5. Enter the Password in the password box. Click Next.
6. You will see three options as in the below image. Simply click on the delete icon in front of Gmail.
7. On the next page, enter any email address. Keep in mind that it should be different from the one which is associated with your account which you want to delete. Click Send Verification Email button.
8. Now you will receive an email from Google. Open it and go to the link given in it.
9. After opening the link, tick mark on the box ahead ‘Yes, I want to delete my firstname.lastname@example.org permanently from my Google account. Then hit Delete Gmail button below it.
Viola! Your Gmail account is deleted permanently. All the data attached to your account has been deleted. Since you have made a backup already, there is no need to worry about it.
This is the all you have to do to delete a Gmail account permanently from your Google account. I hope you understood the tutorial. I have also shared screenshots with every step. Follow all the steps to delete a Gmail account permanently. Thanks for visiting our site. Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends. If you face any problem while deleting your Gmail account, feel free to comment below.